2.15.2014

Ridlehoover's, y'all.

 As much as I try to keep things "normal" and fun, the majority of the time things are not as fabulous as our facebook and instagram accounts may seem. We choose to share the good and publicly focus on how God is getting us through and redeeming these situations. However, it is sweetness to our souls to have those people around us that see past all that and know when we are hurting the most... always without us even asking.

Papa and Nana are certainly some of those people for us. My grandparents came to visit us a few months ago and have been so amazing through this whole process. In many ways, it is easier for us to relate to older people because of the drastic lifestyle change cancer has brought. They have always been and continue to be there for me (and now Marshall) anytime and in any way we need them. Their hearts are broken for us, and they actively seek ways to encourage and love us.

They insist I buy Marshall every candy, mint, gum, drink he even mentions...

They have their whole Church praying for us specifically and intentionally for months...

They come across the country to help me take care of him and do our laundry....

They constantly remind me (without dismissing my suffering) that God is in control...

They let me vent and rant and cry...


We are grateful for these superstars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme by PCB • Powered by Blogger